Tuesday 22 October 2013

Book sizes


     At the start I was thinking of making my book A4 sized but after some research found that other books similar to mine come in a lot of different shapes and sizes. The most common thing I found was that they are generally smaller than A4, this is probably so they fit inside children’s bags which are never designed to be overly large. After looking at these sizes I want my book to be 195mm x 250mm because it is a portable size making it easier for children to take places with them.  Besides I think my work will look good at this size, it is not so small the detail is lost but also not so big that it will lose its fine cut edge. I will probably make my images A4 or A3 then shrink them down to page size so I can add lots of details into the illustration, plus it means ill have plenty of bleed.

   (figure 1) Books used, Violet fairy tales, fairy tales, The shining princess, princess fairy tales and treasury of favourite fairytales.
Figure 1

No comments:

Post a Comment