Thursday 8 May 2014

Sedna colour test

Black and white final images
I actually think these images work as black and white images and as page 1 and 2 were the first to cut they have less black because as I was making 3 and 4 I found that I could use the black to help balance the image and help the composition.
Page 1
Page 2

Page 3
Page 4


Colour testing
Once I made the images I wasn't sure on how to add the colour as I originally planned for them to be full colour but as I liked my black and white versions so much I decided to try other ways to add colour. Like using minimal colour to full colour.
Test 1
Only using blues and brown


Test 2
Only using soft earthy colours

Test 3
Using icy colours


Test 4
Full colour


After doing these tests I found that page 2 was an odd page and that when ever I added colour it just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the pages. I feel this is because it needed more black to help balance the colour like in the others, and though page 1 doesn't have sections of black the pattern on the mountain helps balance it. I feel that to make the image work I would need to tweak either the composition slightly and add more black space to balance it. Though with the rest of the images I found that because when I originally worked them out as full colour images that then trying to use spot colour didn't quite work. The one image I was use on was that I wanted to use warm colours on Sedna's bird form as I wanted to show she was no longer afraid as was happy with what had happened to her. Also I wanted the image to be serine and have a curved flow about it. The composition on the image works really well with full colour.
The first and third page needed similar colours as they had a mass of sea and sky but I want the third images colour to show the anger and threat in the image and I the pink doesn't do this as well as I wanted so on the final images I may use different colours for the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment