Friday 19 July 2013

Study of the human form

    Over summer I decided to study the human form in more detail, I did this because I found my characters were lacking that realism of the body’s structure that made them believable.  I personally think that learning about the human body would inform and help my progress when drawing characters for my work. I found that there was a lot I hadn’t properly understood about the human body and how it moves; this has greatly informed my work as my proportions and understanding of the body’s limitations has become more refined, even though I am still in the middle of learning about this I’m finding it effecting my drawings positively. What I am using is a set of videos aimed at concept artists called the structure of man; it takes you back to the beginning building up the skeleton, then adding muscle and skin in such a way that your mind learns the tricks to understand how to draw it correctly every time.
   Here are some of my drawings showing different sections of what I've learnt so far. 

Skull proportions 

More Skulls from different angles

Adding the shoulder blades

Adding the shoulder blades

Pelvics and adding to the skeleton I have created so far

No comments:

Post a Comment