Monday 20 May 2013

Illustrators and Styles

Brittney Lee


Brittney Lee is an illustrator who creates delicate and beautiful pieces using card and gouache. Most of her work is stand alone images that mainly use females as the main subject.
I personally really like her work as she has such a fine cut and creates images with depth and detail. I take a lot of inspiration from her work as I wish to achieve such a fine detail within my work. Also her colour pallet is always so warm; a lot of her images have an impact of the viewer. Further her work is very decorative and I want this to be an aspect of my work, I want to create images that you sit and look at for a while to take in the tiny details.


Miki Sato


Miki Sato is an illustrator who also used paper but instead she creates her own colours by painting on textures paper, she also uses material within her work to add a range of textures. A lot of her images are surreal and stand alone as images rather than collective work.
I actually think the textures in work make her images interesting and stand out, and they feel less flat. I would I like to try incorporating different types of texture into my own work. 






Kagamine Rin Legendary Witch


This is a music video made for a Japanese song. I really like the style the video is done in  Its simple but is interesting as textures have been used to set parts from others. It uses a cut out style but really stands out. Also the colours are really strong and bold. 



No comments:

Post a Comment